Please Help! Need a pump for our new pool (Summer Escapes)

Jun 4, 2012
We bought a NIB 16 x 42 Summer Escapes Metal-framed pool off Craigslist. Needless to say it is missing the pump and filter. I have not had much luck finding a replacement pump, the one I did find was $140. What are my options to get this thing up and running, My kids are so dissapointed! I have been looking at saltwater pump options but don't really understand how it all works since this is our first pool ever and so far a horrible experience. Please HelP!! Any advice is extremely appreciated!!

Jen

Re: Please Help! Need a pump for our new pool (Summer Escap

Welcome to TFP.

Look at the Intex 2650 sand filter and pump combo. Lot of people have them and they work well. Some Walmarts carry them in stock.

Bama is right the Intex sand filters work well. Just know that it involves some cutting to fit a Summer Escapes. It's not hard to do, just a little nerve wracking.

Does it matter that is a thru the wall pump? My husband thinks we still need the pump which we don't have/ just the white housing unit. I'm hoping we don't need it that the sand filter replaces everything we don't have.

Well you will need SOMETHING on the bottom of the skimmer to attach the hose to. Most of us with a summer escapes pool just ended up gutting the pump that mounts to the bottom of the skimmer. But since you don have the pump to attach any hoses to you can order the adapter online. It's like $20. http://www.calsplash.com/summer-escapes-skimmer-conversion-kit.html

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.