High TA

Aug 4, 2011
ok. I'm done with the shock process and passed the oclt. Here are my results:

fc 13, cc .5, ta 190, ph 7.5, cya 50

Do i need to start lowering TA? from what i have read the best way to do that is drop ph to 7 then raise ph with aeration? i have a slide. is this a good way to do it? even if i point my returns up they barely break the surface. will this work or do i need to make an aerator??

If your pH hangs around the middle of the range without much effort, don't worry about the TA unless you have calcium hardness issues with your water.

If you have issues with climbing pH, you may want to go after the TA. Just maintaining your pH on the low end of the scale will give you a TA reduction over time. Aeration and more frequent pH adjustments will speed the process.

I have been battling TA also, so I have been going the slow and easy approach been lowering it 7.0 or 7.2 with Miuratic acid and in a few days it gets back up to 7.5 or 7.8 then I repeat the process, with each cycle I have been getting my TA to lower about 20 pts. Currently I am at 190, 2 or 3 more cycles and I should be ok

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.