Bubble trouble

arioti

Jun 4, 2012
[moderator edit, split post from very old thread into new topic- Lershac]

I had the same issues with bubbles. More like fizz in the water. Hit the water and carry your arm through and beneath the surface I get fizz, above bubbles that take 20 second or so to dissipate. Otherwise i get the bubbles by just disturbing the surface. Have not added algeicde in 10days and i have checked for air leaking an nothing, either at the pump on or on the return lines. readings are:

Fcl 2.0
Ph 7.4
Alk 12
Ch 188
Cya 90
Temp of the water 84

Added pool first aid to see if enzymes would get rid of the bubbling. No change, still get bubbles on the surface when disturbing the water. What gives? I think my readings are pretty ok but I cannot figure out what is going on. Any help appreciated because next we I have 15 kids expected to be splashing in the pool. They'll think they are in a bubble bath sigh!

You should maintain your chlorine at 10ppm, and never let it drop below 7ppm with your CYA so high.

Your algaecide could be contributing to the problem. Algaecides are not really needed if you maintain proper chlorine levels. If you want to use an algaecide, use a product that lists "Poly...." in 60% concentration. If you are stuck on Bioguard products, go with the Algae All 60. The Backup can cause foaming and Banish contains copper, so steer clear of them.

OK, took care of raising the FCL to 7. The water is crystal clear but the bubbles still appear when the water surface is breached - fizz underwater, bubbles (like foam) above water. They go away in about 20 seconds. Any clue as to what might be the cause of these bubbles?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.