Need some advice on a small automation system

Hi there,

I'm looking for an automation system/control box for a pool only (no spa) that can control a booster pump, two water valves, and two lighting circuits. I don't need one of the high dollar Pentair Intellitouch systems that can control the watersupply for a major city. I've looked through the sales literature for the Jandy RS4, Pentair Suntouch and I believe Intermatic makes several different types of digital control boxes that sound interesting. It needs to function as a power center too, or I'll have to add a separate simple sub panel.

I plan on using an Intelliflo VS or VF, PoolPilot SWCG, Polaris 280 w/booster, and I need two light circuits (pool and landscape). I'd also like it to be able to control two water valves to open/close one water feature/pool returns.

If I use the Intelliflo VF, it can control it's own timeclock functions and the PoolPilot has it's own timer. So I guess I need a box to control the booster, waterfeatures and lighting circuits. Some type of remote control would be nice, but not mandatory.

Anybody have input on the Jandy RS4, Pentair Suntouch or Intermatic boxes? I've heard that the AutoPilot will now interface with the Jandy control systems?

Thanks...

Jim

You could go with a Goldline Aqualogic which has the SWG option built in.

The P4 or PS4 might be suitable for your needs. (Although I believe you might need a PS-8 since you might need more than 4 relays.)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.