26' intex above ground/ what size pump and filter to go with

Edn35

Jun 2, 2012
Joplin Missouri
Hello. so glad I found this site. We just ordered the 26' intex pool. We are very excited. We are also brand new to the pool thing. We want to start out right. We have read pool school. My question is, what would be an adequate pump and filter for the 26'ER? From what we have read the one it comes with will not do the job. We don't know what kind of filter to go with either. Any advice would be great! Thank you in advance!

Re: 26' intex above ground/ what size pump and filter to go

Get a two speed pump. They can save a significant amount on electricity. Also, look for the largest filter you can afford and have room for. Larger filters can go longer between backwashes/cleanings.

Re: 26' intex above ground/ what size pump and filter to go

I like the Pentair Dynamo 1 hp 2-speed and a SD-60 Sand Dollar filter. Of course that's what I have and it works great for me. :-D

Really though any of the 1 hp 2-speed aboveground pumps and a sand filter that holds about 250 lbs of sand will be a great fit. Even the Intex 2650 pump/sand filter combo would work. It's a little small for that size pool but it would work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.