California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital PPC4 (RC-52)
we are deciding to have our pool sand blasted (currently painted) and replastered. Can you guys give some input...the two choices for us are plain white plater or Diamond Brite...how do you feel about Diamond Brite, if you have it???

thanks,
chris

I have the Ocean Blue Diamond Brite in a pool only 4 weeks old.

Our issue is that we could not find a sample pool to see with this color so we crossed our fingers and went by the color in the DB brochure. By some miracle, our pool looks just like the picture.

The quality of the finished product is highly dependent on the crew and the acid wash they give the pool. My opinion is that the aggregate cannot be uniformly exposed by the acid so you do get some shade variations in the plaster. However these are very minor and (to me) add to the "lagoon" look we were after.

I also notice that as I keep my ph at 7.4 and brush daily that the color is slowly becoming more uniform as the aggregate gets more evenly exposed around the pool.

Here are some photo's:

beautiful pool...thanks for showing the photos.
we decided to go with the cool blue diamond brite and add the basic pool blue tile around the water line.
they plan on starting in June but, we have to have it all sandblasted first (thick paint is on there now)...fun fun fun

it was either update our pool our the kitchen....the pool won :) guess, we will do the kitchen next year.

chris

Meredithannel said:
Vessmech - will you please post pics of your pool again? We are considering Diamond Brite Ocean Blue but don't know what it will look like in real life! Many thanks!
Here are the photos referenced in the links:

IMG_4571.JPG

IMG_4570.JPG

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.