Low Salt reading with a twist

Pull

Jun 3, 2012
Florida
I have lived through the slow deterioration of a T-15 cell gradually showing low salt. However this time it is doing something different.

- The instant salt reading will alternate between restarts or resets. It will read low (-2100) and then regular (-3400) every other time. If it reads -2100, I can turn off the pump, restart the pump, and it will read -3400. If I turn off the pump and restart the pump again, it will read -2100 again. It will alternate between the two readings ever single time I restart or reset the instant salt reading. It took me a while to find this pattern. I won't go into the whole thing, but it has come down to this being the issue.

When it reads -2100, it will generate at around 4.5 amps at 100% if I have the average salt reading around 3000. (resetting until it gets there). When it reads -3400, it will generate at the proper amperage of about 6.75 at 100%.

Has anybody come across this issue or have some further troubleshooting ideas? I just found this pattern today and thought I would get it on here for discussion. I will try to get a friends T-cell sometime this week to see if it also does this to narrow it down to either the cell or control panel.

P.S. Just to note:

I have cleaned it to visual inspection of a clean sensor inside the cell.
Chlorine readings at the jets confirm generation.
This is a 1.4 version
Plug contacts appear clean and in good condition.

Your cell is "half" worn out. The plates are coated on both sides, but only one side of the coating is used in each "direction"/polarity. The cell switches direction each time you cycle it. Apparently, your plates are worn out on only one side (for the moment), thus the strange reading.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.