My 16x48 ultra frame up and ready to go!!

Mar 14, 2011
I finally have everything finished for the summer. I've added solar heater this year. I' ve made my version of Solar Cover saddles, it use to be a pain to take solar cover off and leave it on the grass because when you went to put it back on all that debris that got stuck to the cover would end up in my clean pool. I got some 3/4 pvc pipe and fittings and made my version of a solar holder. I've upgraded pump and filter, added through the wall skimmer and water feature. I added (Skim-it) as well, helps keep the pool cleaner, actually works. I hope you like, alot of hard work and alot of weekends goes into setting these up. It's all in the prep work, as all of us intex owners know. It keeps the kids happy :party: on those hot summer days. I'm very happy with the Ultra Frame, I had an easy set for one summer and got rid of it, I'll have this til I decide to go with something more permanent. :goodjob:

Attachments

• pictures may 12 050.jpg
    pictures may 12 050.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 1,254
  • pictures may 12 052.jpg
    pictures may 12 052.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 1,242
  • pictures may 12 051.jpg
    pictures may 12 051.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 1,238
PhilGillis said:
how are your PVC hangers attached? great idea and looks great!
phil
I'm wanting to know this as well. That's a great cost effective idea.

I planned on trying to attach metal hooks with magnets around the pool to hold a skimmer net and the vacuum hose stuff, but figure that wouldn't work with a solar cover. I suppose it wouldn't be too bad to drill and tap a few holes here and there on the supports to attach hooks unless there's a less "destructive" and permanent way of attaching things.

I was playing with the idea of using hose clamps at first, I thought it would remove the finish off the legs after awhile and start to rust. I don't want that. I decided to drill 3 holes in the pvc, and ran 14" zipties through and around the leg, I pulled them very tight and they are working just fine. The pool comes down in Sept on my vacation so the zipties will make it easy for them to come off. :cool:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What a great idea for the pool cover saddle! :goodjob:
We are going to borrow (ahem, steal) that idea! :lol:
Can you share the dimensions of the PVC pipe, if you have them handy? :bowdown:
BTW, what type of thru wall skimmer did you install?
Cheers,

Liz :wave:

lamboman316 said:
I finally have everything finished for the summer. I've added solar heater this year. I' ve made my version of Solar Cover saddles, it use to be a pain to take solar cover off and leave it on the grass because when you went to put it back on all that debris that got stuck to the cover would end up in my clean pool. I got some 3/4 pvc pipe and fittings and made my version of a solar holder. I've upgraded pump and filter, added through the wall skimmer and water feature. I added (Skim-it) as well, helps keep the pool cleaner, actually works. I hope you like, alot of hard work and alot of weekends goes into setting these up. It's all in the prep work, as all of us intex owners know. It keeps the kids happy :party: on those hot summer days. I'm very happy with the Ultra Frame, I had an easy set for one summer and got rid of it, I'll have this til I decide to go with something more permanent. :goodjob:

Can I ask you about your heating system? Are you happy with it? Which one are you using?
thanks

Hi Everyone,

I just want to share my solar cover holders, that was inspired by Lamboman316. It's working very well! Easy to fold and unfold.

[attachment=2:18c8p29h]solarcoverholders1.jpg[/attachment:18c8p29h]
[attachment=1:18c8p29h]solarcoverholders2.jpg[/attachment:18c8p29h]
[attachment=0:18c8p29h]solarcoverholders4.jpg[/attachment:18c8p29h]

Attachments

• solarcoverholders1.jpg
    solarcoverholders1.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 655
  • solarcoverholders2.jpg
    solarcoverholders2.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 649
  • solarcoverholders4.jpg
    solarcoverholders4.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 647
Curious how this is holding up as well, are those 0.75" or 1.5" pvc pipes, 60 degree, 45 and 90 bends?. Also curious how much of a boost those solar panels give you in early season (ie: does 50s water become 70 etc) and which brand and do you use an actuator with them?

Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.