18x34 Doughboy Autumn Breeze - Finished!

Re: New AGP Project thread

Really? Wow. That was a guess based on what I read online. lol. Do I need to make the ring around the pool as well? I can do all that while the pool fills overnight on the first day. they won't backfill the sidewalls till day 2. So, I need some copper wire and the metal pipe to go inline with the pvc. Cool.

I read the Pool School and feel utterly prepared to use the BBB method. Ordering my TFT-100 test kit, ladder, light, barracuda ranger, winter cover, pillow, and a couple of other parts I need today. Going to pay for the pool too. Should have it in a week. Moving my shed this weekend and having my electrician move the sprinkler control station and run electrical to the pump/filter location.

Yeah, you need to run a loop of #8 awg bare wire around the pool and then to the equipment. Just run a wire from the four uprights to the loop and use split bolts rated for bonding to connect them to the loop. For the water bond they sell a special stainless steel pipe with a lug on it but it's expensive and most people make their own using a stainless steel nipple and drilling and bolting a lug to it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I ordered all the stuff to bond it up. Found the Brundy stainless plate for inside the skimmer too. Got all the lugs, split bolts and 125' of 8 AWG solid copper coming. Also ordered my stairs, light, test kit, maintenance kit, ranger, and winter cover finally. Can't wait! :)

Re: New AGP Project thread - PICS added!

Started with the prepping of the yard today. Emptied my shed and took it down. Hosting them on my site. Sorry for the crappy pics, its my cellphone.

My unsuspecting friend who would help me hide the body if the need should arise. God bless him for helping. Of course, an refrigerator of cold beer and hot pizza helps too.

My canvas. About to be painted anew and bare.
pool1.jpg

pool2.jpg

Shed coming down. The wind helped.
pool3.jpg

Re: New AGP Project thread - REVISED

Now that we are done with our part in this adventure my kids said it seems like its going to be forever waiting on the install. Then thee came in. Now I feel that way. lol

pool5.jpg

Also got 125' of 8 AWG solid copper wire and split bolts with solderless lugs.

Sorry about the previous pic sizes. I just noticed they are almost 2MB each. I will adjust them.

Re: 18x34 Doughboy AGP Autumn Breeze build - Pics

If I am using the BBB method, is there a rough estimate of bleach. baking soda, and Borax I should have on hand when the pool is installed? I was thinking of keeping about 3-4 gallons handy in case it needs it soon after install. I will test it after they are done setting up and monitor the numbers as per Pool School. However, I don't want to be caught unawares and have to go by 10-15 gallons at one go.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.