Raypak 406a burner issue

Maryw

Jun 2, 2012
Purchased Raypak 406A Heater(millivolt) in 2008. Last year we had the local shop work on it to repair a cracked weld to fix the front left burner bracket.
This year when trying to fire it up, we had a flame out the left side that popped the thermal fuse, as that is where the flame went to. Since we have a pine
tree that is too close, we pulled it apart to clean out the junk, and make sure the air flow is good. There was some debris on the heat exchanger, which has now been
cleaned off. When pulling the burner to make sure that was clean, we noticed that the 4 nuts/bolts that hold the burner in place to the bracket was only finger tight, so
it possibly shifted. When we pulled the burner out, that since new, only the back half of the burners are lighting, and that the front of the burner rails are clean and shiny
except for one rail which lights. My question is, is this normal, and has anyone else experienced this?

[attachment=1:2mo0k8lj]photo (1).JPG[/attachment:2mo0k8lj][attachment=0:2mo0k8lj]photo (2).JPG[/attachment:2mo0k8lj]

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 34
  • photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    47 KB · Views: 34
I found a dead spider with web in the last burner tube so that should be my flame out the side. I still wonder about uneven burn on the burners. What I didn't say was that I'm in Colorado so I'm at 6,700 feet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.