New Pool Owner...Old Test Kit.

May 18, 2007
Enid, Oklahoma
I purchased a house last summer with an IG fiberglass pool. This is my first year to open it from the beginning of the season. There was an older DPD test kit left behind that probably has not been used for several years. The test cell reads up to 10 ppm and there are some really old reagents for FC and TC labeled 1A and 1B and 3. The instructions on the lid say to add five drops each. I've tried them and they never give any color change at all. Can I replace these with any DPD replacement reagents or should I consider buying a new kit? The kit also contains titrants for TA, CH, and Acid and Base demand. They appear to work (I got a TA reading of 130 ppm) but I don't know how accurate they might be after so many years of sitting around.

The test cell has a cap that covers all four cells. There is a larger cell on each side that sits "behind" the color charts and a smaller cell that sits next to each chart. Does anyone know what brand kit this might be and why there are two test cells for CL and pH? There is no name on the box.

I have a simple OTO test kit that works but I'm much more anal than that.

EDIT:

I looked while I was home for lunch and noticed the kit and reagents say "LaMotte" all over them. I don't know how I missed that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.