Intex Sand Filter 2650- water inlet nozzel

Jun 25, 2011
So I just got the Intex Sandfilter 2650 up. But the inlet valve (one bringing filtered water back into the pool) is shooting water from the edges. See the pictures below. It has this rubber covering some of the holes, but it looks like it is suppose to stay there but it blocks the outer holes and water comes out the lid edges. So why and what do I do?[attachment=0:19laxuee]poolnoz2.jpg[/attachment:19laxuee][attachment=1:19laxuee]poolnoz.jpg[/attachment:19laxuee]

Attachments

• poolnoz.jpg
    poolnoz.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 98
  • poolnoz.jpg
    poolnoz.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 98
  • poolnoz2.jpg
    poolnoz2.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 98
Ours did the same thing. No matter how tight I tightened it or tried to tighten it still spit out around the threads just like yours! I could of loved with it if it was shooting out on the bottom as it'd be under water and not trying to pee out over the top rail. So what I did was loosen the outter nut on the outside and rotate the whole assembly so it was on the bottom, tightened up the nut and re-adjusted the eyeball. Not the best answer but it worked. I now don't use that piece as I've added a waterfall fountain as many has done on here and it's not used in the configuration.

Jamison04 said:
Ours did the same thing. No matter how tight I tightened it or tried to tighten it still spit out around the threads just like yours! I could of loved with it if it was shooting out on the bottom as it'd be under water and not trying to pee out over the top rail. So what I did was loosen the outter nut on the outside and rotate the whole assembly so it was on the bottom, tightened up the nut and re-adjusted the eyeball. Not the best answer but it worked. I now don't use that piece as I've added a waterfall fountain as many has done on here and it's not used in the configuration.

Is the water suppose to come out on the other holes (not the center one that moves). Did you take the plastic offf covering the holes on the sides?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.