Summer time How much chlorine should I expect to lose a day?

Jul 30, 2011
San Jose, Ca
I have a 15,000 gallon fiberglass pool with east exposure. Trees block out the sun during the warmer afternoons. My recent test readings:

FC 5
CH 140
CYA 50
TA 90
pH 7.8
Pho 300

FC drops 2 per day. Is this excessive? During winter times I add 8-16oz per day of liquid bleach. Now I have to add 64oz a day. Its not that hot so far this year. I can't imagine what I have to add daily once it gets really hot. TIA.

Re: Summer time How much chlorine should I expect to lose a

2-4 ppm per day seems pretty typical. Sun on the pool has a larger affect than the air temperature as far as consuming the FC.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone :)

Re: Summer time How much chlorine should I expect to lose a

Since shocking my pool earlier this year I'm averaging less than 2 ppm per day and the pool gets full sun for about 11 hours per day. I maintain a CYA of 40 - 45 and chlorine at 4 - 7. The pool chemistry has been amazingly stable and the water as clear as clean glass even though we've had strong storms that blew in a lot dirt and debris.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.