Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: HELP? SPider gasket issue

1. Back To Top    #1

HELP? SPider gasket issue

Does anyone know where i can buy a spider gasket for a Hayward model # SP0714T filter? I cannot seem to find one online anywhere, and I am guessing that is why the pool guy siliconed it..........I have a HUGE mess, and a gob of silicone to clean out....
    Hurricane Rita did not kill me, but she killed my pool!

Intex 36'X18'x52" "elliptical pool"/ Hayward 220 filter/1HP pump 14,364 gal, or so

2. Back To Top    #2
    the only way to get that part is to order the whole assyembly- key, cover &handle assembly
    go to my website and use part # HWDSPX0714BA
    thanks
    paul

3. Back To Top    #3
    Thanks alot, myself and my credit card will be visiting soon!

Intex 36'X18'x52" "elliptical pool"/ Hayward 220 filter/1HP pump 14,364 gal, or so

4. Back To Top    #4

Didn't you say in an earlier post that this unit was under warantee?

Why is your PB not replacing it?
    20x12X4 Oval Fiberglass walls and concrete bottom.
    Pool is in an unconditioned atrium. (being remodeled)
    3/4 HP Hayward Pro Pump. Tankless Water Heater.
    Hayward S180T Sand Filter.

5. Back To Top    #5
    It is under warranty, but I frankly don't think the store has a clue. Their servicemen are idiots. I don't have a PB since we self installed.......it's only the pump/filter that is under warranty.

6. Back To Top    #6

Hayward has great support for Warranty issues

It is under warranty, but I frankly don't think the store has a clue. Their servicemen are idiots. I don't have a PB since we self installed.......it's only the pump/filter that is under warranty.

Call hayward direct and they will send out someone to replace. I had issues with mine and my pool dealer kept stating it was fine. hayward had someone out the next day and the assy replaced about 3 days later. Hayward and the repair man both stressted you should always turn the valve in the same direction when changing from filter to backwash to whatever other setting you may need.
    12,500 Gallon Fiberglas spool
    Hayward S210 Sand filter
    Hayward Superpump

Tulsa OK
    been using BBB since April 2008

Guess What?????
    BEEN ALGAE FREE SINCE APRIL 2008