Landscaping around base of Intex Ultra Frame pools

Nina Li, how'd you fair the storm?

I posted a picture of my back yard here:

http://www.troublefreepool.com/welcome-to-the-sunshine-state-t48338.html

It got worse before it got better. My yard was flooded and my neighbors yard was flooded and draining into MY yard. Yep, right around my pool! :shock:

Thank the Lord, my pool still stands! And wonder of wonder, all the rain and draining that I did affected my chemicals very little. I was most pleasantly surprised! :-D

I was out on HWY 90 yesterday. Going both west and then returning east. Saw on the news last nite that
part of HWY 90 between Lake City and Live Oak was destroyed by a sink hole (a car was included). I passed over that
section TWICE! Made my heart skip a beat! :shock:

Taterfink...for some reason I didn't see your post...but I see it now..we did good. The storm didn't affect the pool at all..but I DID add a gallon of bleach in it, just for the sake of keeping it clean and sanitary...I probably didn't need to tho.. about the rainwater..you're right, did no harm at all - I thought I would mess up the chemistry, blah blah blah...but didn't thank goodness! We had a lot of storm damage here as well..tree branches down in the street, we lost power for a couple of hours at a time - had to go out and restart my pump and swg a few times...but nothing major. Good to hear that all went well with you too. All in all we came through that storm - Happy New Year to everyone and here comes another swimming season just around the corner...well for us anyway, here in Florida! :) Wonder why I didn't see your post earlier..sorry about the late response!! :hammer:

Nina, just reading over some older posts for fun and wondered how you and your pool have faired the winter. I kept ours open thru the winter and all seems to be going okay with it. If only my neighbors would trim their trees! I don't have any trees but insure scoop a LOT of leaves!

Hi Taterfink....still alive and kicking! Waiting for another cold front AGAIN and hopefully that's it.We had a late winter here in Tampa. Water is still clear but cold, have to vacuum a few leaves that snuck in under the cover somehow..hmmm..not too sure how that happened. I might have to change my plants around the pool, they're looking "winterized". About those trees...if the branches come into your yard, you can trim them off. That might help. Good to hear from you! Here's a recent picture. :wave:

IMAG1204 by puying_7, on Flickr

I am fixing to do landscaping around my 18' pool. I am going to put some sand then do a 2 inch layer of the pea gravel, no deeper, just enough to cover the ground a bit, also laying some landscaping material down before I lay any of it. Not going to go too close up on the pool and making sure my 2 ft area around is very level so water doesn't push the gravel up into the pool if we had flooding rains. I found a product also at Lowes will be using to hold the outer perimeter in with, its made by Garden Oasis, you basically have like the rubber strip hold in edging but with this you dont have to dig a tunnel or wedge to put it in the ground, comes with landscaping spikes you tap down with a mallet. I was told just buy a few extra pack of the stakes and this product works wonderful. I believe it will keep the gravel where I want it. Hope this helps someone. :cool:

Joshua, Your pool turned out fabulous! Love the potted plants around it too!

Did those blisters ever heal? :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow...good job Joshua! it looks beautiful...

Taterfink...me and my pool are still hanging in there!!!! I'd love to see pics of your pool - we're so lucky we don't have to take it down and put it up again and again. I unplugged those copper thingies, stains faded - have to relandscape a bit though..my plants are not looking so good right now. :-( My white stones and stone border held up nicely. I'll post some new pics with my new and improved landscape first chance I get!

This is what our pool set up looks like right now. It was originally for a 13x39 ring top pool that sat there for 5 seasons. My husband was laid off for a few weeks the summer of 08 and we invested $99 in the pool and some pavers :). This year we upgraded to a 14x48 Ultra Frame and it's kind of squished into that spot, and almost touching the fence. We have a light layer of sand and then the tarp that came with the pool underneath it. Dh put some rubber mulch around the perimeter. It isn't a perfect set up (he did it fast before he left for a trip so the kids could enjoy the pool). Next year we will make the circle bigger and further from the fence (I will have to relocate my clothesline). We want to build a small deck too. I think that should wait for the relocation but dh is planning a floating deck so thinks it will be okay to move it around after he builds it (we shall see). My grass has been slowly disappearing due to the large maple trees in my yard, hoping when I have them trimmed back next week we can start getting it back in shape. I am liking the new Ultra Frame, just wish we could go bigger! Trying to talk dh into at least a 16 ft. We need to start prepping the area in April instead of the end of May next year (or maybe this fall if I am bored ;)).

Suncast
2 ft. 8 in. x 4 ft 5 in. Resin Horizontal Storage Shed

My dad cut all of the holes out. :hammer: They aren't pretty. But
it works and keeps all of the equipment out of the weather, :whip:
The deal is, I keep the pool clean & sparkling, :swim: :swim: :swim:
and he maintenances the pumps & etc. :scratch: which I can do
until I hit the brick wall after I troubleshoot! :whoot:
:sun: Now, if I can get a few days of sunshine and
not working. It would be amazing!!! :party:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.