Cracks Along Pool Deck

May 28, 2012
Hi all! I took some photos of some cracks we're seeing on the pool deck. I'm not entirely sure what's the best way to take care of them. My dad wants me to get some cement type paint and seals the cracks in that fashion but I'm not sure if that's kosher. The goal is to fill in the cracks (if they can be filled) and then paint the entire deck to something that's not so... pink. Any help on either the cracks or what paint to use is appreciated! Thanks!

Crack 1

Crack 2

You may have some moderate success filling in the cracks with a polyurethane caulk. They will still show but perhaps less so and won't let as much water under the decking.

I am not knowledgeable enough to suggest a paint but I imagine you will have VERY little success trying to get something that will last a reasonable period of time

duraleigh said:
You may have some moderate success filling in the cracks with a polyurethane caulk. They will still show but perhaps less so and won't let as much water under the decking.

I am not knowledgeable enough to suggest a paint but I imagine you will have VERY little success trying to get something that will last a reasonable period of time

I think at this point all we should probably do is look for some damage control. The polyurethane caulk should help a bit. All signs are really pointing to redoing that entire backyard, from yard to deck/pool makeover. It's about time though as the home with the pool/deck are over 20 years old. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.