Intex 16x48 Vacuum question

G

Hi all,
I've just finished installing my Intex Ultra Frame 16x48 above ground pool. Now it came with the cheap vacuum that you hook up to a garden hose, but I wanted something better. I received a vacuum hose and vacuum head from my parents from Lowe's, but of course it won't attach to the adapter I put on the lower outlet that the floating skimmer attaches to. My question is can I buy an adapter that will allow me to attach this vacuum hose to the outlet valve that flows into the pump? Or an adapter that goes on the skimmer to hook the hose into? (I thought I read about that)

Thanks all!

Have you tried leaving the hose connected to the wall and disconnecting the hose from the bottom of the skimmer and putting the vacuum hose into the end of the skimmer hose? That was how I had to make my vacuum hose work on the previous Intex pool we had. Just not sure of the new Intex skimmers are still the same as the older ones tho..

Great minds think alike! I actually did try that, but the end of the plastic skimmer hose was too large to fit tightly on the end of the vacuum hose. I thought about a hose clamp but this thing was probably at least 1/4" bigger than the end of the vacuum hose.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.