First test results from test kit

Ollie

May 27, 2012
Can someone look at these test results for me?

TC 5
CC 0
TA 190
CH 300
CYA - not measurable - filled tube and dot was still completely visible
PH 7.5
Bromine 10

Pool temperature is 76 and it has had the solar cover on for a few days. It's cold and rainy here.

I don't want to add too much CYA. If I put the current reading of 20 in the pool calculator, it tells me to add 31 oz of stabilizer. Can I start there and then retest in a few days?

Do I need to worry about the TA level right away?

Thanks for any advice you can offer!

First, what does your water look like.

Second, you do not have Bromine ... so that OTO test is showing a TC level of 5 ... you do not have to do that test if you are doing the FAS-DPD test.

If the tube is clear all the way to the top, then your CYA is between 0 and 20ppm. You are correct that 31oz will add 20ppm of CYA. That seems like a good place to start. You will have to wait a week until you are able to test CYA again and you should then be between 20 and 40 ppm. Put the CYA in a sock and hang it in front of a return jet and give it a couple squeezes whenever you walk by.

Once you add the CYA, assume your level is 40ppm and keep the FC above 3ppm at all times (assuming your water is currently clear).

You do not have to worry about TA right away. If you are interested in lowering it due to rising pH, read Lowering Total Alkalinity

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.