Lumberton Tx Build

redfro

Jul 3, 2011
We are officially under construction. We decided to go with a local PB, instead of going to Houston. We are so glad we did. These people are very nice, and are not nickle and diming me for everything. The crew framed up the back wall like 10ft longer than we agreed, and when I noticed him doing it, the PB was like "If you like it that way, I like it that way". He could have easily stopped the guy, and had them fix it. So far so good......

Attachments

• drawing.jpg
    drawing.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 975
  • dig.jpg
    dig.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 975
Day 4- Plumbing rough in. The gunite people drove all the way from Houston this morning (2 hours) with 3 dump trucks for gunite due to a scheduling miscommunication. The plumbing wasn't ready, so they had to head back and didn't seem happy. I don't blame them. They are coming back in the morning to gunite, and the plumbing is ready I guess. I wish they could have found grey skimmers, but I guess I can paint them? Here's some pictures.

Attachments

• plumb1.jpg
    plumb1.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 859
  • plum2.jpg
    plum2.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 859
  • plumbspa.jpg
    plumbspa.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 859

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well our tidy work area got beat with rain for several days, but we're back on track with tile work, and coping. They are supposed to pour the deck in a few days. We couldn't be happier.

Attachments

• forms.jpg
    forms.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 713
We got some decking poured. They are coming back this weekend to apply the deck texture, and plan to plaster early in the week. We have a swim party planned for next Friday, so it's crunch time.

Attachments

• deckpour.jpg
    deckpour.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 595
  • deckpour2.jpg
    deckpour2.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 595
It's 32x17 and is 4'-6'-4.5'. It started at 35k, but we're up to 38k with the remote controls, cleaner, and spray deck. I'm still really happy, and the PB has been super easy to deal with.

I hate to be a pessimist, but I seriously doubt that your pool will be ready for a party by the June 29.

Talk to your builder. Plaster finishes need more time to cure before they can be heated and chlorinated properly for use. :(

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.