Molson

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 15, 2008
Midland, Ontario
Hey all, been reading my face off for a couple days here, great resource for pool owners!!
I purchased a house and moved in in November. So there has been snow on the ground since move in, just melting now. (yay!) I haven't "seen" the pool in action since I first saw the house summer 2007.

Little info, the pool is a 16x40 Lazy L IG vinyl 8' deep, 3.5 (I think?) Shallow end, brominator, sand filter and the usual hayward pump. Solar array on the pool house, solar cover. Currently covered with a solid winter cover. Since we had an extreme amount of snow this year (15 feet total) there was probably more snow on the cover than in the pool. I've already drained off most, I was worried about the weight pulling the cover in.
I'm really itching to open this thing up, and I may do it early this year.

Your resources here have been a great help. I was going to rely on the old owner coming by and showing me how to open the pool, but they generally didn't do it until late May, and I don't think I can wait that long.

Welcome,

One of the more obscure requirements of becoming an active participant at TFP is that if your username is related to any commercial product, you must send a large quantity of that product to all "Special Contributors" on the forum.

If they are temporarily out of stock, LaBatte's is a VERY satisfactory substitute! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will PM you my address. Please keep in mind that you can ship up to 150 lbs to a residence without any surcharge. :lol: :lol: :lol:

TMQ,

Sorry, but I just reread "Dave's Obscure Rulebook for TFP" and could find no reference concerning mods and any freebies.

Probably about the best we'll be able to do is send you a PM and let you know how good it tastes. :roll: :roll: :roll:

duraleigh said:
Welcome,

One of the more obscure requirements of becoming an active participant at TFP is that if your username is related to any commercial product, you must send a large quantity of that product to all "Special Contributors" on the forum.

If they are temporarily out of stock, LaBatte's is a VERY satisfactory substitute! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will PM you my address. Please keep in mind that you can ship up to 150 lbs to a residence without any surcharge. :lol: :lol: :lol:

haha, ok, here's the deal. You send me a test kit, and I'll send you some "product" Oh. Did I forget to mention I'm also a Professional competitive BBQer? I was at the Jack Daniels World Championship Invitational in Tennessee last Oct. So, which "product" would you like? :D

Molson said:
haha, ok, here's the deal. You send me a test kit, and I'll send you some "product" Oh. Did I forget to mention I'm also a Professional competitive BBQer? I was at the Jack Daniels World Championship Invitational in Tennessee last Oct. So, which "product" would you like? :D

The real question is when should we be at your house for the week-long BBQ/Beer Fest? I had an apple and a chicken salad sandwich for lunch, and beer and BBQ sounds REALLY good right now. :pig:

Welcome to the forum!

duraleigh said:
TMQ,

Sorry, but I just reread "Dave's Obscure Rulebook for TFP" and could find no reference concerning mods and any freebies.

Probably about the best we'll be able to do is send you a PM and let you know how good it tastes. :roll: :roll: :roll:

If there is beer or BBQ to be had, all it takes is one click on a drop-down box to convert myself to SC. :p

I started giggling when I read your name under introductions, thinking this has to be a Canadian. I used to live in Orillia and was in Midland often! Welcome.
I once got to have a drink at the Molson's summer home in Matise, friend of a friend of a friend kind of thing......

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
waterbug said:
I started giggling when I read your name under introductions, thinking this has to be a Canadian. I used to live in Orillia and was in Midland often! Welcome.
I once got to have a drink at the Molson's summer home in Matise, friend of a friend of a friend kind of thing......

Hey! Funny, I had a friend in Mechanicsville VA and went down there quite often. Midland is my hometown, I've been living in Barrie for 6 years, and was nice to come back.

JohnT said:
duraleigh said:
TMQ,

If there is beer or BBQ to be had, all it takes is one click on a drop-down box to convert myself to SC. :p
Yeah, and we have the kewl skilz to turn duralei.... I mean, anyone, into just a regular guy, no matter HOW special he thinks he is!! 8) :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Don't mess with the Mod Squad!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

The Mermaid Queen said:
JohnT said:
duraleigh said:
TMQ,

Yeah, and we have the kewl skilz to turn duralei.... I mean, anyone, into just a regular guy, no matter HOW special he thinks he is!! 8) :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Don't mess with the Mod Squad!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Our mermaid has spoken. :slidehalo:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No mere mortal would dare jump into this one. So here I am.

I'm changing my username to the output dogs create. In San Francisco, it's a commercial product. They burn it for energy. Yeah, I learned that from Mike on the TV who had a Dirty Job there once.

So Dave, do PM me your mailing address. We generate several pounds of this stuff each week.

Welcome, Molson! A professional BBQer, eh? In cook-offs on TV? That makes you our second celebrity on the forum. Good to have you here.

AnnaK

No worries about the hijack! I don't think I've been on any national TV, unless I don't know about it.

Here is a couple pictures:

normal_JackDaniels023.jpg

our 2007 Canadian Open booth was a tribute to the troops
normal_Canadian%20Open%20008.JPG

normal_Canadian%20Open%20006.JPG

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support