My First Non-Pool Store Test Last Night

May 26, 2012
HI Everyone,

The TF-100 came in last night and it was just light enough out that I could give it a spin. Before this, I relied on a pH drop kit I could barely decipher and some test strips.

CC(1) -.5 (using the color matching test)
pH - 7.2 (It may have been a shade darker/higher, not 100% sure)
FC - 12 (... I'll explain later)
CC(2) - 0 (using the FAS/DPD test - it remained clear after adding R-0003)
TA - 80 (If I'm being honest, I didn't wipe the tip after each drop though . . .)
CH - 500 (I'm not in panic yet)
CYA - 50 (Yeah)

For the FC, I haven't shocked in a few days, but the high number made me remember that I maxed out the Chlorinator when I was having a hard time figuring out how to get the thing clean before I discovered TFP. I assume this is what caused it? I turned that back down to 3 where the previously owner had it and I'll see if it'll naturally gets into the 4-6 range. I'm using the 3" Jumbo's from Leslie's and I'll probably run through those before I start looking at BBB options - I'll just keep an eye on the CYA.

For the CH, I might have be a little too quick with the R-0011L, I expected a fast change to blue so I wasn't giving it time between each drop. When I got to 5 drops, I paused to take a closer look and it kind of faded into the blueish color. It might have turned blue sooner if I waited long enough after 3 or 4 drops. I was going to dump and retest, but I was starting to get chewed out there and I wanted to get into the CYA test.

All in all, I'm glad the kit seems to be working out. The fact that I didn't just thrown the Dang thing into the pool is a testament to its ease of use =)

Thanks!

mpacheco72 said:
... and I'm on a path to prove to my mother that my BBB pool is cleaner than any public pool.

Wow! I wouldn't think that would ever need to be something proven! =) Be careful though, showing up at a public pool with a chemistry set could yield some interesting results :)

:cheers:

mpacheco72 said:
My mom lives in a gated community where she swears they keep the pool super clean. She knows my pool is immaculate, but she thinks their pool is just as clean. I'll prove it to her through chemistry. :)

129082172737400546.jpg

duraleigh said:
That pic has the potential to be the cover pic on the TF-100 next year. Don't lose it!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Haha. The original website is linked at the bottom there, but I don't think they're even the original --- in any case, it's not mine and I'm not sure who the meme copyright owner technically is (if anyone). That said, if that becomes the new cover, you'd better add just the container itself under the Kit Hardware section because I'll want to swap mine out :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.