New intex pump won't start

May 14, 2012
Just setting up a 16x48 pool for the kids and purchased the SWG sand filter system (CS15110).

After hooking everything up the pump doesn't start or run. I have checked everything and water flows through the system with gravity, but keep getting code 90. Manual indicates possible flow sensor failure. I will call service center tomorrow but until then any ideas or is this a common problem?

Thanks

If the pump isn't starting at all it's definitely a warranty issue. It has nothing to do with the swcg it's all the pump. This is the first time I've heard of this happening on a new pump so it's not a common problem.

Jamison04 said:
This sounds like a dumb question but did you check the gfci on the pump plug? The Intex stuff is dumb that Everytime it is unplugged or power goes out you have to reset the gfci on the dumb thing.

If the GFCI was tripped he would have no power and wouldn't be getting the code.

Definitely sounds like warranty issue to me. I have the 2650 sand filter/SWG combo and I have gotten air in the line occasionaly and lost prime on the pump. I'll get the code 90 when this happens and there is little or no flow but the pump is still running, just not pumping anything. If you're getting the code and your pump doesn't even try to start up, then it sounds like it's definitely a warranty issue.

donnie5336 said:
No worries. :cheers: I thought it might have been separate too at first but I know mine is a combo unit so I looked up his model number.

Then it definately does sound like he needs to contact intex on the warranty and get them going on replacing it or return it to the store and exchange it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.