California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital PPC4 (RC-52)
we got our new test kit (TF-100) and this is our first time testing. We are new pool owners and are trying to learn the ropes. this is what hubby and I got for numbers.

FC .5
CC .5
TC 1
pH 7.8
T/A 150
CH 70
CYA 20??? (the black dot never went away)???
temp 55
BR 1

thanks for any info and help. We are so exicted to be official pool people :) we actually had a blast trying to vacumn the pool today for the first time

Chris

Hi, Chrisa,

First, how does your water look? If it looks pretty good (and your test results indicate it does), then I would suggest the following.....

Get some more chlorine in there try to keep it around 2-4ppm for now. It's a consumable item and you'll need to keep adding it.

YOur water's cold enough for now that you won't have too much of a problem with algae but you want to keep FC in their all the time.

Again assuming the water looks nice, get some CYA in your pool. I'd suggest using JasonLion's calculator to get your CYA to 40ppm

Post the size of your pool (gallons) and your filter type, etcx. in your sig....it'll help us all give the best answers to your questions.

There's more but I like to go slow and accomplish just a couple of tasks at a time.

Post back your pool size, etc. and any questions you might have on the FC and CYA addition and the condition of your water and we'll go from there.

Overall, those are pretty decent test results for opening up.

great thanks...yes the water looks pretty good.
so per the pool calculator I'm looking at adding 218 oz of bleach to get it up to 4 (sound right?)

the pool is approx 30000-35000gals 20x40 rectangle...and we just had a new Hayward 244T sand filter installed....now can I go ahead and use some pucks since the CYA needs to come up?
so if you can still see the black dot (cya test) the result is 20 right???

chris

chrisa said:
great thanks...yes the water looks pretty good.
so per the pool calculator I'm looking at adding 218 oz of bleach to get it up to 4 (sound right?) Yeah, that sounds pretty close.

the pool is approx 30000-35000gals 20x40 rectangle...and we just had a new Hayward 244T sand filter installed....now can I go ahead and use some pucks since the CYA needs to come up? Absolutely! That'll be the perfect application for them with these caveats.....

1. Don't expect them to add very much CYA to make a significant difference. It's conceivable you could use them all summer and not get up to 40ppm....still no problem if that's what you want to do.

2. Pucks are VERY acidic so don't let your pH slip below 7.2 or so. Check it pretty frequently if you use the pucks

chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.