Hello from Pittsburgh

May 25, 2012
Hi all, I'm Dan. It's my second year maintaining a 21' Round AGP , ~10,400 gal. When i opened it this year, I thought I was in good shape, put realized that my pool wouldn't hold FC. After about $200 in pool chemicals and no improvement, I decided to change to BBB method. I received my TF100 test kit this evening and here are my vitals:
.5 ppm FC
.5 ppm CC
1 ppm TC
110 TA
40ppm CYA

Since water is not clear, (slighty cloudy...kind of green tinge) I figured it needed shocked. My question is: per shocking directions, it says to reapply chlorine to pool as often as practical...not more than once an hour...not less than twice daily. About a half hour after adding bleach, level had dropped to about 5ppm. Should bleach be added every hour that i can to raise back to shock level, or is a few times daily sufficient?

Hey....Pittsburgh.....You're about the forth one from the 'burgh on here. I'm just south of Steubenville myself.

As for your tests....
You really don't look that bad off on numbers. I would bring it up to shock as you stated with a level of 15 or so. If your tests are correct, then burning off .5CC's shouldn't take long. Get it now, before your water turns into a HUGE mess!

That sounds much more what I was expecting....

Sad to say, you've had algae in your pool. Keep shocking and the CC's will go away. It's going to use a TON of chlorine, but once done it's a snap.

Just wondering......did you cover the pool this winter?