How many drops in Taylor reagent bottle?

Apr 19, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Does anybody know how many drops (on average) are in either the .75 oz or 2 oz bottle? I am getting ready to shock and want to get an understanding of how much reagent I might need when I am using 48 drops every time I check FC levels over the multiple days I will need to test. I want to make sure I order enough, but don't want to order more than I need to.

Thanks to both of you for your quick responses.

The math works out to about 1,419 drops for a 2 oz bottle. At my shock level of 24 ppm at .5 ppm per drop I will be using 48 drops each time I test. If I test 4 times a day I will only get 7.4 days out of the 2 oz bottle. I may need to splurge and buy the 16 oz size which will get me 59 days worth of testing at the same rate. Is that what most people do?

Is that what most people do?
Absolutely not. You will test a lot initially but you should have no reason to test more than once daily if your pool is clear.

The absolute, definitive and precise answer for the scoops of powder in 10gms of powder is "A lot!" :shock: :shock:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.