I'm afraid im in over my head.

Jul 17, 2011
Bath Pa
Ok Im afraid im in over my head. i have a salt water system and 1600gph sand filter intex pump for a 12 x 24 x52 intex ultra frame pool. just fiiled it friday and the salt is perfect leslies told me to add 2lbs of leslies conditioner and i did , now they are saying 2lbs of soda ash ( baking soda is the same ? ) and 2.5 pounds of alkalinity.should i be adding this with a salt water system ? this system is the one with copper
thanks
robin

ps. yes i know ... i dont know how to type either

intex ultraframe

One more bit of advice, read pool school (link in the upper right corner of every page here) once your done, let it soak in a bit, then read it again, things tend to make a lot more sense the second time through.

i have an intex ultraframe 12 x 24x52 intex pool and i bought the good test kit . spoke to dave who was very nice.i have a sale water system with the copper and my test results are 5.5 fc 0cc 5.5tc 120ta 130cht 60cya ph 7.2 salt6.8 i just added cyanuric acid 4 days ago so might not be showing totally yet . should i wait to touch it with anything until cya is showing

I'd say your numbers look just fine.

I wouldn't bother trying to adjust either the TA or the PH. The PH is most likely going to move up on it's own.

Just keep monitoring your levels and you'll get more comfortable with what feels "normal" with your pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.