trichlor pucks without stabilizer

May 27, 2011
Can anybody tell me if there are trichlor pucks made without stabilizer. I found a half filled 25# bucket in my storage shed and it has 90% available cl on the ingredient list with no stabilizer listed. I would like to use these up,but don't want to add cya,or would small this small amount of pucks add that much. My cya is now between 40 & 50,cl 6,ph 7.6,ta 80. THANKS

Nope. Sorry all trichlor has CYA.

For reference, in your pool a 8oz puck (or are yours 7 oz?) will raise FC by 1.7 and CYA by 1.0

Just save them for when you go on vacation or something.

Trichlor inherently contains CYA. It is a single chemical that breaks apart in the water into chlorine and CYA. The only kind of tablets that don't contain CYA are cal-hypo tablets, but they dissolve way to quickly to be used in the same way that trichlor tablets are used.

25 lbs of trichlor will raise CYA by 166 in 10,000 gallons (or 83 in 20,000 gallons).

Thank uou for the reply guys. I think I'll use them when I'm out of town as suggested. I don't understand why some buckets have stabilized and some don't. My pool water is doing great since I started BBB and with all the great advice I read in the Forum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.