Jandy/Aquapure 1400 Errors 123 & 188

May 31, 2012
Hi,

I'm new here, so please forgive any breaches of etiquette. I've been lurking for a couple of years, but have always been able to get an answer by looking through others' posts until now.

We opened our 36,000 gallon pool over a month ago. For the first two weeks it was too cold to use, but stayed clear and seemed to be working fine. I turned the heater on to get it to a point that we could use it. The next morning, the beeping began. I had error 121. We went through several things to try to fix it and finally bit the bullet and bought a new cell. We had to "upgrade" from the old square cell to the new rounded one. It required some plumbing, but seemed to be just fine.

Well, it "worked" for a week. We were gone over the weekend, and when we got back it was giving error 123. I called Zodiac and she thought it was the DC cord, but thought it was strange that it would be bad given it is only a week old. She is going to send another.

Then this morning, it started beeping 2 times - 123 & 188. She (Zodiac rep) was unfamiliar, but is working with a tech to identify the problem. Her first note was that it is wired incorrectly. I've re-checked the wiring and dont' see anything amiss, but I could be wrong. The curious thing is that there were no errors for a full week. I'm honestly not sure that it was producing chlorine, but it wasn't beeping an error code.

All this time we've been slowly adding CYA, as we can't seem to get the stabilizer up this summer for some reason. In the meantime, free chlorine is low and we're starting to grow algae. I'm at my wits end with this thing.

Welcome to TFP.

I can't help you with the error codes but you need to get enough bleach in there to get to shock level for your cya and retest and adjust it back to that level as often as evey hour till you pass the OCLT. Once you're done shocking, hopefully you'll have an answer on the swcg and you can let the FC come back to normal and let the swcg take over regular chlorination.

There are articles in Pool School that instructs you on the proper shock precedure.

Thank you, Bama. I'm working on that now. I think we've fixed the error codes, but the water is all out of whack. I've been doing a lot of reading on Pool School and have purchased a TF-100. Whee, this pool is fun.

I'm starting to think that the "algae" is, in fact, white water mold. We changed out our filter sand today. It was caked with what appears to be pink slime. After reading a little on both of these, I'm really worried we've got a big problem on our hands.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.