I suppose I should get this out of the way...

Apr 11, 2008
UhhhHiya
Hi all,

Been reading up on the forums here and found lots of helpful info. I just recently bought a house over the winter with a 10x30x4 oval (well, at that point, rectangular with rounded edges) above ground. I'm no stranger to pool maintenance - the 'rents had one that I had to take care of, however I was using the TIC method. (Toss In Chemicals)

With my own pool now, i'm going to concentrate more on getting the right chemical balances to keep the thing sparkling clean. The pool came with a newer sand filter, and a newer pump, and one of those nifty solar pool heaters that gets mounted on the roof of the garage.

I'll post pictures soon. 8)

Antares,

Welcome to the forum. I have two thoughts after reading your post.

1. I think your location is puzzling and we need more info :lol:

2. I really like your acronym "TIC" To my knowledge, that's never been used on the forum before and I think we should all make it part of our jargon. I plan to use it frequently.

Thanks for the welcome. :-D "UhhHiya" is that there state just under Lake Erie, to the right of Pencilltucky, and to the left of Indeyaner.

Remember, TIC is not just an acronym, its an entire pool maintenance method! It involves a strict discipline of never touching any test kits, and tossing in whatever chemicals you think might get rid of your cloudy mess. :lol: