Raise CYA?

As you know, the general recommendation is 60-80ppm for CYA with a SWG. But, if you have little sun, then maybe you can get by fine with the lower level.

Are you then running the pump 24/7? Your FC is a little high for a CYA of 40. 20% is as low as you can go correct? You could cut back run time to lower the FC level. If you raised the CYA, it may protect more FC and allow you to cut back run time even further to save money.

Pretty cheap to add a timer ... will save you more in electricity cost in just a few months.

Did you already replace your pump? Going to a 2-speed could work if you want to leave your pump on 24/7.

I'm planning to add one. Looking at the aube Honeywell digital at the moment. Thought I would give my electrician buddy a breather after getting my swcg hooked up. I wish they made a timer that would replace a standard switch that was rated for that service load. Be much cleaner looking. Not crazy about yet another grey box hanging off my house

Well after several cooler cloudier days my FC today is 12. Guess I'm going to have to get a timer on that pump or just start turning it off at night in the meantime. Doubt switching to the 3/4 hp pump will make any difference running it 24/7. They ordered the wrong pump so it will be installed this week sometime.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.