Just got my TF-100 -please interpret

Given cloudy water and CC > 0.5 ... time to follow the Shocking Your Pool process.

Only other thing of note is that your TA is a little high. This can be lowered after you finish the shock process.

EDIT: Are you actually still using your chlorine feeder in your signature? Realize that it is continually making your CYA go up. You are at a perfect level now, but over the summer you need to make sure the CYA does not rise too high and make sure you adjust your FC level to compensate.

BCannon said:
OK, thank you. So just to clarify, you are saying that I should add bleach on a regular (daily?) basis to keep my FC level at 3-7 after shocking process is complete?

Correct. Looks like you are using the poolcalculator to get the 3-7ppm range for a CYA of 40ppm :goodjob:

Really the key is to never let FC get below 3ppm ... a little high is fine and you can swim up to shock FC level (15ppm).

While shocking you need to keep FC ABOVE 15ppm.

Another quick question. While shocking and keeping FC at 15 ppm - when the overnight occurs and it has only dropped to 14 ppm - shocking is complete - correct? Is it safe to swim at that time or do we need to wait until it gets back to the 3-7 range (which would take a while given it will be at 14 ppm)?

When doing the OCLT, you just want to be sure the FC does not drop more than 1ppm from your test the previous night (both when the sun is not up).

Passing that and having CC <= 0.5ppm and having clear water means your are done shocking.

Once the FC drops below your shock level (15ppm) it is safe to swim.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
BCannon said:
when you say "both when the sun is not up", please explain. If I add bleach to get FC up to 16 PPM at 9 pm - are you saying I should check it again the next morning before sunrise? Confused?

Chlorine is only consumed by two things, organics and sunlight. By doing one test after the sun goes down and the second before the sun goes up, you eliminate sunlight as the culprit. Or put another way, if chlorine falls in between those two tests, there must be organics "eating" the chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.