SW PA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I believe I will be leaning more towards an oval pool this time around. I was outside pondering the yard for awhile and I can comfortably squeeze a 21 ft pool in between my garage and the property line with a small deck. Problem is, I love deck space and for me, it makes maintenance (sweeping) so much easier.

I'm not buying the Intex pool this year or ever. I'm going to wait the summer out (cool off on the Harley Davidson Night Train) and see what Craig's list has to offer. I'm looking for a 15x26 oval pool (wall height won't matter in this case if from CL) and if it doesn't materialize, I am looking closely at the 15'x26'x54" pool by Shark Line Matrix. The pool is beautiful and I'll max out on the wall height.

Now, I know these are less gallon wise but lets face it, I could throw a 24' round in there and have no deck space. Put a 21' round in and have little deck space or an 18' round and have nice deck space but I'm minimizing pool space which is a no go for me because I've been spoiled by a 24' round pool. It just seems like the smart thing to do by purchasing an oval pool.

So with this thread, I'd love to hear from the oval pool owners what you love and hate about your oval pools. Don't hold back... dunk me with your insight on your experiences with your oval pool!!! :mrgreen:

I have a 21" round and if I could do it again I'd go oval. Why?... I'd like the flat front coming off the patio and more room to swim laps. I definitly wouldn't give up pool space to have deck space but that's just me. As you can see from my pic, I don't have a deck.. still wishing for one though!

You have a beautiflu pool! And I just don't want to give up pool space for deck space. I can't go longer than 26ft because of a right away that runs through the bottom half of the yard to the neighbor's house. If I could, I'd just get the 24ft and have a nice deck but I can't so... here I am trying to maximize the space for the pool and deck.

Oh yes... and I demand pics of your oval pools too! :mrgreen:

Casey, this is how I maximized my backyard pool space. I had built a covered bbq deck a few years ago and decided to put a pool in between the bbq deck and the garage. I put the pool up last year and didn't intend to build a deck until this year. However, we were enjoying the pool so much that I dedided to build about half the deck and enlarge it later, ultimately attaching it to the bbq shed. I got so enthused about the project that I did the deck addition in the fall after I had closed the pool so when I opened it this year we were able to enjoy it without me having to build while my boys wanted to swim. Its now our backyard oasis, we swim everyday and enjoy being able to go down to the cook deck without putting on shoes. I honestly don't see any downside to owning an oval pool, even the installation wasn't a problem. Alot of people say ovals are much more difficult but if you have a transit or laser level and know how to make sure things are square by measuring diagonals, you'll have to do this to build a deck too, it's really not bad at all. Hope you enjoy.

Attachments

• IMG_0640 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0640 (Large).JPG
    205.3 KB · Views: 204
  • photo%201 (Large).jpg
    photo%201 (Large).jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 199
  • 013 (Large).JPG
    013 (Large).JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 202
That's a nice looking pool! Thanks for sharing! :cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.