anyway to clean a pool w/ no pump?

Oct 17, 2011
Denton, TX
I think the answer is no.

Monday, My pump stopped working. Home warranty says is it covered. They send out some mom and pop company to look at it.
They say it is a capacitor on the motor.

They don't answer their phone but only respond to texts. yesterday they finally ordered a new motor (not sure why if it is just the capacitor) but over the last 3 days, the pool has become so cloudy, I can no longer see the bottom. I had planned to have a pool party Saturday but I somehow doubt these guys will get the motor installed before then.

I am guessing with no pump, there is no swimming and the party will have to be cancelled.

You can add chlorine without a pump, though it takes extra effort. Pour bleach slowly while walking around the pool, and then brush the entire pool. Of course, doing that while shocking gets to be quite a challenge, so it is perhaps best to cancel the pool party and deal with it when the pump is working again.

Aw man! My pump wouldn't start a while back. I came on here and got great info. It was my start capacitator. Ordered one online, it arrived within a few days and I was up and running again. Costs was around $11 if I remember correctly. My pool turned a horrbile green very quickly! I hit it hard and it was blue once more. I hope you have yours up and running soon!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.