Thru wall skimmer placement

Mar 14, 2012
I'm filling my pool now and am curious about where I should put my thru wall skimmer. I have enough hose to where I could place the thru wall skimmer almost opposite to the return. Is having a hose that long going to be detrimental to the pump? Also I am leaving the current intake port so I would have the current intake and also the thru wall skimmer running to the sand pump with ball valves to adjust.

Thanks,
Jason

Bama Rambler said:
Welcome to TFP. :wave:

What type pool?
What size pool?
What size pump?
What size filter?
What size hose?

Answer those and we'll be more able to answer your questions.

I'm sorry, for some reason on my other computer that I'm using now I was signed up as a new user. The intake hose is 1 1/2" and the skimmer hose that will be approx. 10' length is 1 1/4".

As a side note is there some way to disable/delete that other account?

Thanks,
Jason

I wouldn't worry about moving it opposite of the return. Within a few feet of it will be fine. You can aim the return eyeball (I assume you're installing one) so the flow circles the pool toward the skimmer and all will be fine.

PM Jason and ask him to combine the accounts.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.