Katkami's AG Pool Build - Now with Time Lapse Video :D

Mar 5, 2008
Us AGPers can have "pool builds" also right?

All our equipment has been delivered and the install starts on Thursday. SO STRESSED! I'll post pics to this thread as I have them. :D

UPDATE: I made a time lapse video of the install :D

Now Sean, you cut that out! :hammer: :lol: :lol:

Katkami, we want to see ALL pool builds!

(I'll tell you a secret: Other than my pool, I have TWO favorite pools on this site. One is IG and one is AG.)

You know the drill, keep us posted w/lots of pix and updates :)

Just remember to take your time, NEVER rush and ask lots of questions - that is why we are here, we love to help. But we really MUST have pictures.

Here's a couple quick before pics.... The green hose is 18', but the gray hose is the 21' size.

DSC00244.jpg

DSC00256.jpg

I'll bet you are seeing pool equipment in your sleep - lol. It gets that way until about a month after you have actually been swimming/enjoying it. Keep us updated!!!

Mine is still "solid" as in ice - but getting more liquid every day.

lol I definitely am NWMNMom. Sorry to hear about your ice - it was a rough winter. I have a friend that's just 1 hr north of us and she still has huge snowbanks. It's actually supposed to be about 65 degrees here today.

But, The builder just delayed us a day because it's supposed to be like 70 degrees tomorrow and the warmer the better for laying the liner and such. If all goes well *snicker* we could have just about everything done next Tuesday, so Fri-Tues. I think that'll be a stretch though.

I should mention in the pics above - the pieces of wood are roughly where the deck is going to go. The deck pic is from our existing deck, and our house is to the left, although you can't see it in the pics. The pool will be about 16' from the house (which more then meets the town codes). The pic looking down on it is from a second story bedroom.

All the pool equipment is going to go on the right hand side of the shed, so then you can't see the equipment from the house. The PB is going to put down patio blocks for them.

Also note - that you can see all the HUGE rocks we have in our landscaping - those are part of the reason for the AG pool vs. an IG. lol.

Great job!! I'll be you are so pleased to see it IN. Warm weather, let's get going! Good for you!!!

We actually had nearly 70 yesterday so there was a lot of melting - no pool work yet, but soon.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Swimming soon? Lol I wish!

Originally the pool & deck were supposed to go in Wed-Fri, then the inspection & electrical would be Mon(today) & Tue. WELL I called digsafe & they needed 3 business days - so that pushed it out until Thursday. Then the PB decided he wanted the 5 degree difference in temperature and decided not to start until Friday. So 2 days behind. PB said he'd work Sat & be done on Mon.

On Thur the PB realized he need to do 4' footings on the deck to meet town codes. Well come Friday, we find out that he didn't rent the tool to do that with - and couldn't get it for Sat. Today is a holiday for us, so he claims he can't rent until Tue. Which means the deck footings won't go in until tomorrow & the concrete needs time to set, so we'll be lucky to have a deck by Friday, and inspected by Monday.

So now we've got a pool with 1' deep of water (I read according to the town that you cant' "fill" the pool, doesn't say anything about not filling it all the way lol) to stabilize it, and that water is probably going to get skanky fast. The electrician is there today though, hopefully done by tomorrow. Still need to coordinate with the pool company to get them to come out and do the plumbing.

Nothing ever goes smooth! On the plus side, it gives us more time to clear out the pile of dirt behind the pool since I don't think the town is going to be loving the fact that it's so big & steep back there. PB says it shouldn't be a problem, but I don't need the town seeing it and making us put a retaining wall in or something.

Anyway, here's a couple pics (don't tell the hubby I'm plastering his face everywhere lol). Note that we want to add a small privacy fence next to the shed so you don't see the neighbor's house as well...

DSC00351.jpg

The trench for the electrical 18" deep (I am SO SORE right now!!!):

DSC00346.jpg

A shot of the pump & piping. You can't see the heat pump though because it's behind the shed, I'll take a better pic of the equipment later since I know you guys like to see pics of that!

pool.jpg

Oh and look - we're adding water! The town gave us thumbs up since we meet the codes even before adding the deck & fencing - woot!

LOVE the time lapse. I really liked the way the shadow of what I assume is your house moved across the pool like a total eclipse! Perhaps you should change the music to 'Total Eclispe of the Heart" :wink:

Very nice setup! :-D

Thanks waterbear! I used some free webcam software package which takes individual pictures at a set interval. Sometimes I would set it to 1 min, sometimes 3 or 5. Then I loaded all the images into MS Movie Maker - and voila!

IDK if you know the song that I have it going to - it's a really cute song about how furry lobsters are extinct now - by Jonathan Coulton. Here's the lyrics:

When I was a young boy I’d follow the path
Down past the dunes to the sea
And there on the warm sandy beaches we’d lie
The furry old lobsters and me
They’d whistle and squeal as they ran through the waves
So sleek, so furry and fair
But now when I go down to see my old friends
The beaches are empty and bare

Sing hey hidey ho, where’d the old lobster go?
And his body so furry and brown?
Sing ho hidey hey, have they all gone away?
For we haven’t seen many around

New York sends a monster to darken our seas
Cursed be the day that it came
They are ugly and small and not tasty at all
They are lobsters in nothing but name
They don’t smash open clams on their bellies with stones
They have neither whiskers nor paws
And the furry old lobster’s so easily crushed
In the grip of their terrible claws

Sing hey hidey ho, where’d the old lobster go?
And his body so furry and brown?
Sing ho hidey hey, have they all gone away?
For we haven’t seen many around

http://www.jonathancoulton.com/songdeta ... %20Lobster

And lookee, my deck is going in today:

deck.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.