Bad storm!!

My wife witnessed something similar two or three years ago. The weather was unsettled, to say the least, when she saw a miniature tornado dump the table and top into the pool. Smashed the glass top to tiny pieces! Tempered glass does work! No damage to the liner, but we vacuumed glass "pebbles" for what seemed weeks.

The top is square, but the sides are subtle curves, so replacement would cost as much as a new table. I've been toying with the idea of ceramic tile on some sort of substrate, although that would be really heavy.

thadius65 said:
Wow. We had some really bad in Central PA yesterday also. Sounds like homeowners insurance should cover that, right?
Yes I turned it into insurance co. Got quote to replace liner, $2500. Only thing that sucks is there is a 2-3 week layover. Going to be the end of June before we can use the pool again. Not much more time for swimming after that in upstate NY. :-(

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?qyd1bp

Well finally got my new liner put in today!! Will be swimming by the weekend!

43f2ac83-5ec6-8f25.jpg

43f2ac83-5ef3-db9c.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.