Explain Chlorine /CYA chart ?

When I opened the pool, the water looked clean but a dull green. Took all readings: fc-0, cc-0, tc-0, ph-7.5, t/a-70, ch-220, cya-0, temp 72. I broadcast 12# of baking soda, put 8# of conditioner in socks in skimmers, and 3 gallons of 12% liguid chlorine. Since the water did not clear, I added 2 more gallons. The next morning the fc-1.5, cc-.5, t/a-120 which seemed good but water remained the same. I thought maybe I never fully shocked the pool, so I dumped 5 more gallons in this morning. The socks should be empty by tomorrow, I'm waiting to clean filter (over 13 dp) and my readings tonight were fc-1, cc 1.5, Do I just wait ? WHAT'S UP ?

You asked about the chart in the title, but then never make reference to it in the post.

8 lbs of stabilizer in a 28k gallon pool will raise your CYA by 34ppm.

Rounding up to 40ppm, on the chart you see the minimum FC is 3ppm (never go below this) and the target is 5ppm (not as important as always staying above the minimum). The shock value is 16ppm. So during your shock process, you need to elevate the FC and keep it ABOVE 16ppm continuously until you pass the 3 tests in the Shocking Your Pool article allowing you to stop.

You just have to keep adding liquid chlorine until whatever is in the pool is broken down and you start to maintain a FC level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.