Suction Cleaner

Shablam

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 26, 2010
Flower Mound, TX
Hi everyone

I was looking at a robotic cleaner but cannot spring for the money. Whatever cleaner I buy will probably have to stay with the house when I sell. With that being said I was looking at a Kreey Krauly cleaner. The price and the rebate just make it the best practical deal. I then started looking at their other line and ran into the Sand Shark.

Does anyone have any opinions about these products or other suction cleaners for that matter? I would like to get one or the other but having trouble deciding.

Thanks!

They can be, are good, especially if you don't have the time to be manually cleaning a pool or it's in an area that can drop a lot of debris into the bottom of the pool.
Take into consideration how dirty your pool gets and if that's worth the price of one.

My personal experience and opinion, mine hardly ever gets used. I've contemplated selling it, just haven't gotten around to it.
For the little bit of dirt I normally get, I just hook the hose up to the skimmer and suck it up the old fashioned way.

I owned several of the kreepy krauly style (original and clones) over the years before buying a robot last year. In general you get what you pay for, or at least those with a higher retail price are generally built better, hoses are of higher quality material and are less prone to cracking, have more accessories, etc. Any model can have problems hanging up in any given pool, I have owned $70 clones from Lowes that tended to not hang up in my pool, and $300+ models that would get caught on one of my ladders, they all seem to clean about the same, just be aware there are ones with silent (ish) valves, and others that go clack clack clack like the original kreepy krauly. This may be a concern if your going to be near the pool while the cleaner is running, or if the pool is outside your bedroom window, etc. One note on that $70 clone from Lowes mentioned above, as I said above they all work about the same on cleaning, in the case of this one it started falling apart after about a month (flopping weight came apart first, this was easy to "fix" with the addition of a screw and nut, however after a few months the whole thing started falling apart, as its snap together construciton stopped snapping together, using some plastic tape I was able to friction fit it back together a few times, but in the end something on it broke that I could not fix after a bit over a year, still for $70 what do you expect.

Just wanted to update in case someone else came across this post in the future. I went with the Kreepy Krauler Classic and could no be happier. Just a small history i had a pressure cleaner polaris 380 and was sick to death of rebuilding. Yes i know i sacrificed one of my two skimmers but having a sweep that comes on with the pump and does not require a booster is fantastic to me.

So far the new sweep has kept the pool spotless and with the rebate the whole setup with a leaf canister only comes to 200 bucks.

Thanks for the info, for now i am happy. Maybe on my first issue with the sweep (which i know is probly inevitable) I will not be so happy. For now I will enjoy the happiness.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.