Winter entertaining with a pool?

May 17, 2012
Central Georgia
Another noob question, but my wife asked me and I have no clue for the answer so I turn to the experts-YOU!

We will be hosting a large evening party sometime close to Christmas, and the wife thought it would be a nice treat to have to pool open, not for swimming, but as the outdoor decoration, with lights and fountain going as the backdrop. Maybe a Christmas tree in the center on a float. We live in middle Georgia, so the temprature shouldn't be below freezing then. So if we close the pool in mid to late September, how much trouble would it be to bring it back to pretty for a couple of days? Major expensive? Lots of time and effort, or should we just keep the cover on?

If you close following the directions found here the only thing you'll have to do is put the plugs back in the pump and filter and remove the plugs from the skimmer, throw a little chlorine in it and fire it back up. I wouldn't consider it a big deal at all. Given your location you probably don't bring the equipment inside anyway.

I didn't close my pool this past winter and it stayed nice and blue thru the entire winter. I have a freeze protection timer (correct name?) so if it gets below a certain temp (mine is set on 38) it will kick on the pump. I would go that route personally. :party:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.