converting from chlorine cartridge filter to a salt system

May 30, 2012
I have a hayward swimpro voyager pump with cartridge filter how can I convert from chlorine to salt and can I use the system I have 2hp motor 30 ft above ground 22000 gl I have had alot of trouble keeping my water clear because there is so many trees around thanks.

Re: converting from chlorine cartridge filter to a salt syst

All you need is a SWG and some----------------salt!. See the recommended levels in pool school for running a SWG----CYA and such. Welcome!

Re: converting from chlorine cartridge filter to a salt syst

A salt pool still uses chlorine. It just uses the salt cell to help convert salt INTO chlorine (thus reducing the amount you need to add manually). If your pool is getting lots of debris from nearby trees, a salt system will likely not fix the actual issue.

How is your water circulation? If you have lots of surface debris that is not making it to the skimmer, you might want to adjust the direction of your return jets. You can try different positions, and test the surface circulation with a ping pong ball. Once you get everything heading to your skimmer, you might want to add either a skimmer sock or a knee high stocking (cheaper) to your skimmer basket. This will help catch the debris, and reduce the crud that ends up in your filter.

PS welcome to TFP!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.