Dolphin started working but in exactly 45 seconds, it stopped

SteveD

May 30, 2012
I have a Dolphin diagnostic. I have used the Dolphin for four seasons (12 week season). I opened my pool last week and put the Dolphin in expecting to have no problems. I turned it on and it started working but in exactly 45 seconds, it stopped running. I turned the power off and after 30 seconds turned it on and the same thing happened. The unit runs for 45 seconds and than stops. It appears that a lot of people have experienced this problem but nobody has told me what causes the problem. Maytronics, the maker, is of no help. They refuse to put a technician on the phone. You have to send the entire unit with the power pack to them at your cost for an estimate. They will give you no idea as to how expensive it could be. I was told it could be hundreds of dollars. Anyone out there have an answer to what thte cause could be and if I can repair it myself?

Re: Dolphin started working but in exactly 45 seconds, it st

On mine, it was the power pack. Is it a Leslie's unit, or no? If it's a Leslie's, you can take it to them and let them deal with it. IIRC, the Diagnostic is not a Leslie's unit.

Re: Dolphin started working but in exactly 45 seconds, it st

My Dolphin Diagnostic was bought from Leslie's in September 2007. You say the problem was the power pack. Do you know what exactly was wrong and what had to be replaced? Did the power go on and than stop working? The light on the switch on the pack never went out. There are parts available for the power pack that are available and easy to replace. If it was the two capacitors, I can replace them. Please respond if possible.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.