Ph level frozen 7.2<Ph<7.4

May 30, 2012
After reviewing topic, "Raising Ph", I suspect borate level > 50ppm. I have used Borax to increase Ph all of last season and the start of this season. I prefer that my Ph be nearer 7.6, but no Ph increaser has been effective - I tried aerating overnight, too. I am not too concerned because all of my chemical levels are balanced and holding and pool is crystal. I read that reducing borate level requires replacing water. Is there a guide on amount of water exchange needed based on borate concentration and pool volume? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

TA = 100
TC = 2
Ph = 7.2
CA = 35

Vinyl pool; 16X32; depths 3.5' to 7.5'; Hayward 200 sand filter fed by skimmer and deep water drain, one return.

I didn't include that pool is about 20K gallons. I had to increase TA and Ph, so I added AH Baking Soda. PH did not move, so I added 8lbs Borax (gradually, this all has taken place over the past 3 weeks.) My TA jumped to 130, so I brought that back with muriatic acid - ph unaffected. I will check the testing reagent and post results. Thanks.

I purchased the K-2006C, alk was a little high, 117 after factoring for 90 CA. I decided to do nothing immediately. After 3 weeks I aerated 2 nights. PH is now 7.6 and has held steady for 2weeks. I am glad that I did not over react.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.