Clogged Polaris 360 wwll filter

May 29, 2012
The wall return filter in my Polaris 360 is clogging with blackish granular debris. This happens over 4-5 hours. I replaced any leaking "fins" in the DE filter last winter as this clogging was happening last summer. Figured debris was getting through the DE filter into the Polaris return. I have backwashed the initial post-opening DE.
I am at a loss to determine the source of the debris. Pump impellers? The big "clock" valve? holes in the DE filter still?
Chlorinator goes through a separate line.
Any ideas? :?: :?:

Welcome to TFP.

What does the debris look and feel like?

The description sounds like rubber but you didn't say it looked like that.

Is your polaris filter plumbed before your main filter?
If so do you see any of the debris in the main filter?

Can you post a pic of the debris?

Most of us use Photobucket but there are a lot of others. You can go there and sign up for a free account and upload your pictures there and they have a handy tool that allows you to copy and paste the link easily.

See pictures of the debris in the Polaris 360 wall filter. This amount accumulates over three to four hours.

4311e212.jpg

I don't know why this link isn't clickable. But I am learning.

Thanks for the photo advice

7cycleman

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes. I took out the filter as recommended by cepler in an earlier post. The debris went right through the Polaris.
I thought to try the filter agin and the debris is building again although not as fast, over a day or two now as opposed to a few hours.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.