Can you leave your SWG on when intorducing liquid cholorine

Re: Can you leave your SWG on when intorducing liquid cholor

Yes.

But note you should never add bleach or acid to the skimmer ... always put them into the pool in front of a return jet.

EDIT:
:wave: Welcome :wave:

Chlorine is chlorine. The chlorine that comes out of the SWG is the same as any that you'd put into the pool any other way. Bleach is chlorine, SWG chlorine is chlorine, and tablets are chlorine. (tablets do contain other stuff like CYA and calcium though, but the chlorine part is always... chlorine) :~}

Sigh... they used to tease me and call me Chlorine! Not kidding.

Well after weeks of research and a frustrating cloudy pool I got lucky enough to find this site. My pool is balanced and clear!!! I had it all right after my frist few read throughs in the pool school but that dang FC, added a little regular Clorox bleach and now everything is as it should be. I can't wait for pool opening next year, bring it, of course that will be after the new liner (found a few little tears, yes I patched them) and the light is not working :roll: and the one big thing left for this year is to tend to the fact I just noticed the bozo that installed the SWG 2 years ago did not ground the sucker.....This could be a problem?

There is a bonding lug. Need to attach an 8 AWG copper wire to the pool bonding system? Hoping that's the cable bolted to the ground by pump :) This stuff was fun til I got to the electrical issues. might have to call an electrician or lock my husband in the pool house until he tends to this mess. Thankful I noticed though

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.