coffeegoddss

LifeTime Supporter
May 12, 2012
Minooka, IL
For giggles, I retested some of the monthly tests now that our deck construction is officially under way. My husband started pouring the footings yesterday (finishing them today). Our TA was at about 90-100 the last time I tested it - about a week or two ago. It's currently in the 300's. Everything else is normal - though I am in the middle of the shocking process. Could the high TA reading be due to the shocking or even the cement mix thats been blowing around? The mixer is downwind of the pool but that doesn't mean it isn't getting in there... Help!

Some kinds of dust can raise the TA, but a huge amount would have to get into the pool to have that kind of an effect.

It is probably worth doing the TA test again, but this time wipe the dropper tip with a damp tissue every few drops. There is a semi-rare effect where the bottle gets a static electric charge which causes the drops to be much smaller than usual. The damp tissue removes any possible charge on the tip.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.