Normal pressure for Sta Rite Cristal Flo

May 26, 2012
Hi all,

First post, so please let me know if I need to change anything (will work on my sig once I have all the correct pool specs written down). I was wondering, approximately what should the normal, clean pressure on a Sta Rite Cristal Flo filter be? I'm reading about 16, and was curious if I needed to clean the sand/filter before calling it good. I backwashed and rinsed, and installed a new pressure gauge as mine was broken, and this is the first pool we have owned. Any info is greatly appreciated, along with all the other good info I have found here! Wanted to get a good baseline before trying to add DE to my filter.

Thanks,
Shayne

Welcome to TFP!

There is no way for us to say, every pool is different. Once you backwash or clean it and recharge the DE, note the clean filter pressure and after that clean it any time it goes up by 25%.

Thanks Jason,

I was curious since this is a sand filter, and I didn't know exactly what "normal" was for pressure. The owner's manual gave little information other than backwash when you see 5-7 pounds higher than "normal". This pool was built in 2001 with the house, and I'm reasonably sure the sand has never been changed. Just wanted to make sure I was in the fairway before I found myself in the rough! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.