single mom in ARIZONA with a cheap/good pool... HELP?!?!

May 29, 2012
Intex 15ft x 48in Metal Frame Pool Above Ground......

OK SO JUST FROMDOING SOME RESEARCH I have discovered intex undersells pumps with thier pools, so my question here is the 1000gal pump i have is horrible dont keep the water clean for nothing so i have ordered the Intex Swimming Pool 2500 GPH Timer Filter Pump Adapters........ now i am unsure of the chemicals i should be useing like clorine? i do drtop a tablet in the floater thing i bought but what else and have i made the right dercison????.............

Welcome to TFP!

Take a moment and relax. Everything is going to work out just fine.

The 1000gph pump/filter is not very good, though many people get by with it. The 2500 gph pump/filter is far better.

There are a couple of different ways to take care of the chemicals. The simplest is to start with out seasonal pool instructions in Pool School. If you don't mind a little more complexity, your pool is large enough to justify the regular treatment (BBB method) of pool care. There are lots of instruction on that in Pool School as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.