Should I use Metal free?

Jun 4, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I have iron deposits on bottom of pool. That create a red cloud if agitated. The pool store said metal free will take care of it. I am afraid to trust the pool store. Here are the numbers they gave me. Oh and I added 4 pounds of conditioner yesterday because I tested cya and it was 0.
TC 9.7
FC 9.7
pH 8.3
TA 165
Iron .3

What should I do?

ProTeam's Metal Magic and Jack's Magic the Pink Stuff (regular), the Blue Stuff (fresh plaster), and the Purple Stuff (SWG) are some of the top sequestrants. You can also find many other brands with similar active ingredients, some of which are noticeably less expensive. Sequestrants based on HEDP, phosphonic acid, or phosphonic acid derivatives are the most effective. Metal Free is not in this group and is noticeably less effective. It does work, just not nearly as well.

I poured the metal free into the pool and agitated the clouds. My pool looks terrible. When it settles back down I will try to vacuum. I don't think I can vacuum to waste. I usually take out the plug in the filter casing and let the water run into e yard when I vacuum nasty stuff. Should I be doing something else?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.