Charlotte NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Monarch ESC36 / ESC8000
Just a little confused on the "optimum" CYA level for the pool with SWG. I "think" I understand that 70-80 is proper, but of course don't want to go to high. Looks like the FC Target is offset by the CYA. Pool look very good, but with my eyes, I see some cloudy/dull water that others don't see. Your professional/vast experience is requested!!! Thanks!!!!
Numbers today:
FC 3
CC 0
TA 85
CH 180
CYA 50-55
Salt 3090
Running Pump 12-daylight hours @ 30% SWG.

I see some cloudy/dull water that others don't see.
Then elevate your FC with Bleach up to about 15ppm or so just one time and see if that extra "shot" of FC clears it up....that's very easy and pretty cheap.

Secondly, you could do an OCLT to see if you still have organics in your pool.

If you are pretty sure you are not imagining the cloudiness, keep your pump running 24/7 trying to filter out any particles that may still be visible.

The SWG will last longer and there will be less PH drift if you increase CYA as we recommend (70-80). You will need to raise the FC level up to the 4 to 5 level, but you will be able to turn down the percentage setting on the SWG and still maintain the higher FC level.

None of which has anything to do with the water being just a little hazy, which is a sign of unrelated problems.

Dave,Jason,...Bang..you guys nailed it again! Brought the FC up to shock and running filter 24/day clear it right up. OCLT and CC in great shape on day 2..worked fast! (a little shot of synthetic DE may have helped too) Just wanted to say thanks again!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.