Raypak RP2100 "fireman switch" open, where is it, what is it

Re: Raypak RP2100 "fireman switch" open, where is it, what i

Thanks guys for the help. If it's external to the heater, that's probably why I can't find it on the heater (there's a thermal fuse but that's it).

So, I'm still looking for the fireman switch.

I'll snap pictures in the morning.

Does anyone have a picture of what the fireman switch looks like?

JasonLion said:
Follow the low voltage control wire coming off the heater and see where it goes. While you are doing that, check the wire for cuts.

That is a great idea! I see a single white wire tie wrapped to the outside of the electrical conduit. Following that wire, it goes eventually into the control panel for the pool. From there I'm not sure since it's in the back of the panel.

I'll see if I can snap some pictures as there are other things I don't recognize around that wire so it may be a different wire.

Thanks for the kind help - I know you don't have to help any of us ... and I double appreciate it that you do. It's my job to get you some more information which I'll try to do soon (I'm at work right now so can't do it).

Why is it called a fireman switch?

Obviously not a switch for the fireman, if it's not easily found, like in an elevator.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.